I believe that not every family has to eat dinner together to stay connected. My family and I rarely meet around the dinner table in the traditional sense anymore, yet we manage to spend a lot of quality time together (uhh, sometimes too much?!).
Morning is our time to convene around food, but it wasn't always like this. I have felt major mom guilt for the last few years about not carving out time for my family to eat together.
Making Dreams Happen
I'd always dreamed of being the type of mom who got out of bed and made breakfast for her family to start the day. Then one day I realized I was the only person stopping me from making this happen. I made the decision to start our mornings with food.
Not cereal. Not stale donuts from the store. Not a piece of toast or Eggos or a sad bowl of applesauce. Actual food that I make from recipes I create.
This blog is not about healthy breakfast food, although you will find some of that here. It's more about creating and serving food made with that special touch of Mom love as a way to connect with my family to start each day.
What To Expect Here
If you are looking for breakfast inspiration for your family, you're in the right spot! Here at Easy Breakfast Ideas 101, you'll find:
- Easy, delicious breakfast recipes.
- Healthy recipes, indulgent recipes and everything in between.
- Prep-ahead instructions for each recipe so you can streamline your mornings and spend quality time with the people you love.
- Food that has been tested in my own kitchen and that my (very picky) children have given two thumbs up.
Fun Facts About Me
- Food blogging isn't a new venture for me! I've been a food blogger over at Pip and Ebby for 13 years. That is where I share comforting dinner recipes, side dishes, desserts and so much more.
- I have two boys, ages 13 and 16. They have become increasingly selective with the food they will allow into their mouths in recent years, hence the reason dinner just doesn't work for us as a family anymore. Breakfast is where it's at (and way yummier, in their opinions).
- One of my food obssessions is cookies! I spent the better part of a year elbow deep in dough to create my cookbook Cookie Remix. It was intense but I survived and I’m thrilled with the results. Want to see my news appearance promoting my book (and how freakishly nervous I was)? You can watch the segment here!
- Eat Blog Talk is a podcast and community where I interview experts, lend support and add value to the food blogging industry. If you're a food blogger or want to learn how to become one, check out the podcast!
- I love speaking at events about topics near and dear to me, including efficiency and productivity. Those gracious enough to host me include the Food Blogger Summit, Tastemaker Conference and IFBC Conference.
- I’m a graduate of Buena Vista University in Storm Lake, Iowa (Go Beavers!). Somehow, in between the blur of late nights and dorm room antics, I earned a bachelors degree in both Art and English.